lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV "Cannot open.." in Win95

From: K. Peijnenborg
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV "Cannot open.." in Win95
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 08:07:40 +0100

Thanks everybody for discussing this problem with the bookmarks
file. I had not noticed it was in my TEMP-dir, so I accidentally
deleted it en didn't know what happened. Now I do, and I made a
batch file for some environment vars.

I don't understand what is going on, but setting the TEMP or
TMP var is not necessary for me. This is al of my batch file
(called from the PIF or the LNK):

set HOME=d:\dos\lynx_w32
set USER=<username>

My config file and bookmarks file reside in HOME and everything
is OK.

I really don't know what USER is good for, does anybody?

regards,

Karel