lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV My planned version

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV My planned version
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 15:25:53 +0300 (MSK)

>      * To: address@hidden
>      * Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV My planned version
>      * From: Michael Sokolov <address@hidden>
>      * Date: Sun, 15 Mar 1998 19:22:57 -0500 (EST)

I think we may understand each other.

>    There are enough serious flaws in the current implementation of DOS
> support to make it a better idea to start fresh rather than to build on top
> of it. First and foremost, there is the division between DOS386 and Win32

Yes, Michael Sokolov can made DOSSOCK/MMM386/LYNX386,
he has outstanding low level pc-hardware/programming skills,
and such a person undoubtedly will work separately.
But... it may take several months or may be a year or so, Fote's 2.7.2
now "frozen" and the best candidate for this plan.

>From the other hand, when (and if) it will be done
we may incorporate his DOS code to 2.8+ because it is a good idea to have
port in progress so later additions/improvements to
HTML/HTTP/etc. handling will be incorporated automatically
(unless Michael plan maintain such lynx issues himself,
I think not, sure).

No items for flame here, really.

Leonid.

Thanks, Michail, for your explanation of True DPMI in Windows etc.
Another (minore) difference may be from long filenames with spaces etc.