lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV how do you archive lynx-dev

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV how do you archive lynx-dev
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 13:13:55 -0500 (EST)

to follow up on what Hasan Karahasan, DJ2xt said:

> Sorry for being offtopic
>
> I would like to know, how you convert lynx-dev into html files to offer them
> via the www. The background of my question is as follows.
>
> I am managing a mailing list, and I'd like to mirror the articles on our www
> server. Our list manager is majordomo like for lynx-dev. I have read about
> hypermail wich was told me as being obsolete. Now I am experimenting with
> the perl program "mhonarc", but it does not fit my expectations as well,
> because I think it cannot generate several months' archives. As far as I
> understand it, you have to manage each month separately. It cannot create
> the archives of months in corresponding subdirectories etc...

Lynx-dev is archived with MHonArc.

Russell McOrmond is the wizard who created the installation.

The month-to-month rollover is done in a script outside MHonArc.
It changes some things that MHonArc reads as it runs during the
month.

For more information on MHonArc subscribe to the mhonarch list.
Write me personally if you don't know how to do that.

For more discussion of the list archive administration details
subscribe to address@hidden -- we contemplate upgrades some
day.

Meanwhile you should also look at Wilma, a collection which works
with Glimpse [?] and MHonArc and I would like us consider for
the next upgrade.

Al Gilman