lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV last call: LBO home page update

From: Larry W. Virden, x2487
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV last call: LBO home page update
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 1998 08:09:58 -0500

>> shouldn't this be a link?  maybe there's a reason why not, of course.
>if lynx isn't working, you may not have a link...

I think the link was removed because folk kept trying it out and sending
blank email to the list.  This way, at least they intentionally sent
the email.

> we should also tell them to give full detail, which many don't do first time.

Even more than that, tell them _what full detail_ to give.

I personally think providing a form, either in the distribution or
on the web site, to fill in, with some info required, would be useful.

Things that we typically need :

1. Version of Lynx
2. Type of Hardware
3. Version of OS
4. What compiler and version
5. Working email of the person who is having the problem
6. Specific URL (and if necessary, selections to reach that URL)

On the form with this info should be a link or list of known
limitations:

Not available for PDAs,  no support for Java/Javascript, Go to
www.cryptography.org for SSL, ...