lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV last call: LBO home page update

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV last call: LBO home page update
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 1998 05:27:14 -0500 (EST)

>      * If you are encountering difficulty with Lynx you may write to
>        address@hidden
>
> shouldn't this be a link?  maybe there's a reason why not, of course.
if lynx isn't working, you may not have a link...

>                               The developers definitely want to hear if
>        you have trouble with the current version of the code. Trouble
>        reports from earlier versions are listened to politely; many
>        trouble spots have been fixed in later releases.
>
> couldn't we be more blunt with the last sentence?  we get a lot of people
I think that's direct enough.  Anyone who reads it should get the point.

> we should also tell them to give full detail, which many don't do first time.
> how about:
>
>            The developers ... of the code.
>         Trouble reports should give as much detail as you can.
>       If you are using an older version, you will probably be advised
>       to update to the current one.
perhaps (on my list).   If they read it.  Mostly people (including me) will
just scan down til they find an ftp or email address for contacts.   If there's
a nice header in CAPITALS for "REPORTING PROBLEMS"  near the top or bottom
of the README file, that tends to work.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden