lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV am I too late?

From: Laura Eaves
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV am I too late?
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 22:15:36 -0500 (EST)

> From: "T.E.Dickey" <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 21:17:38 -0500 (EST)
> it's really a little late (but if you can get a consensus & it doesn't touch
> a .c or .h, I'll relent).

How about adding the following to lynx.cfg?
(Don't bother with LYCurses.c....)

COLOR:0:white:black
COLOR:1:yellow:black
COLOR:2:brightcyan:black
COLOR:3:brightblue:black
COLOR:4:green:black
COLOR:5:magenta:black
COLOR:6:white:blue
COLOR:7:white:red

This is what I use and is very good for
someone with vision problems.
HOWEVER: Henry pointed out as I remember that he used a
terminal that didn't allow anything but black background.
So I tried changing the last 2 colors to:

COLOR:6:red:black
COLOR:7:brightblue:black

I tried surfing a little with these settings and it also
is ok visually, but a little confusing to sort out what the colors all mean.

> > Anyway, thought I'd make one last request...
> > Again the rationale: the default colors for the -color option don't work
> > righ
> > and are hard for visually impaired users to see.
> > Since color choices can only be set in lynx.cfg which hte average user
> > will probably never see, i think it's importeant to set the
> > default to something usable.
> then add a lynx.cfg to the samples directory - I think that's what we
> intended to do.  (If we modify the default lynx.cfg, then we'll start
> discussing it & won't proceed, but a sample doesn't displace anything).

Again, the average user would never see the sample lynx.cfg.
IMHO it wouldn't hurt to put it in lynx.cfg.
My (late) 2 cents...:)
(I thought I read in a recent posting that the sample lynx.cfg
was deleted from the the release.)
Thanks in advance.
--le