lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV what's next?

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV what's next?
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 21:02:22 -0500 (EST)

> to follow up on what T.E.Dickey said:
>
> > Well, there's a webpage for Lynx 2.8 and a stable release.
>
> Duly noted on
>
> http://www.access.digex.net/~asgilman/lynx/FAQ/
>
> > Who's in charge here?  (That is, what's the protocol for
> > sending announcements out, and what newsgroups).  I have an
> > impression that we should talk to Subir to ask him to update
> > his links.
>
> That would be a good idea.
I'll look up his address (it seems that I've been volunteered - but donations
are welcome...).

> You know the law of the sled dogs.  Unless you want to risk
> your life to be top dog, you go along.  2.8 is done [and not
> 'cuz I said so].
As far as I'm concerned, it's done - will only fix things that prevent it
from building/running (next cycle we can make tweaks).  Last-minute changes
either break the program or break the programmer.

I'll probably start a 2.8.1dev.x thread on the weekend (everyone's got a
list of things they already want to change, it seems).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden