lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx & US Govt (hooks are munitions?)

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx & US Govt (hooks are munitions?)
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 09:24:24 -0500 (EST)

to follow up on what Wayne Buttles said:

> Who prosecutes cases of munitions export?  Is there actually a
> human I can ask if distributing lynx w/ssl is ok?

Somehow, this issue hits my "detached task" button.  If you are
serious about this, I would volunteer to work with you and
anybody else who wants to work on finding the relevant desk in
the Government and securing a favorable policy statement, so long
as we take the legal discussion off the list until we have
something substantive to report.  I think that we have seen how
far pooling our ignorance here gets us.

I don't have any special 'in' but I do know people who know how
the bureaucracy works.

Al Gilman