lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV help urgently needed

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV help urgently needed
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 1998 15:21:49 -0500 (EST)

980306 Derek Choukalos wrote:
> I've been trying to get some form of DOS Lynx operational,
> but I'm ready to relegate that to future fantasies.

if you can tell us as much as you can about your machine -- eg 386 486 --
whether you can in fact use Windows, what version of Lynx you are using
-- latest is 2-7-2, with 2-8 out this weekend -- ,
someone may in fact be able to help you.

> Right now I urgently need to get DOS e-mail working.
> So far nothing I've tried works according to instructions,
> and none of the documentation is sufficiently comprehensible
> to figure out why.  I need some documentation directed to somebody
> without a networking background, something that omits or explains
> all the jargon and abreviations.

again, tell us more details about what software you have been trying.