lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV 2-8 help: Help!

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV 2-8 help: Help!
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 1998 11:10:43 +0900 (JST)

Apologies and MANY thanks to Philip.

> right (I've had no problems with this for several months).  I'm pretty sure
> that the configure-script doesn't modify the older behavior, but augments
> it (by allowing the person configuring Lynx to specify the default location
> in a different manner than editing userdefs.h).  The only editing I do when

I did not pick up on this change.  Where is this documented in CHANGES2.8?
AFAICS the configure script does NOT "augment" the old behavior as described
above.  I see the script _installing_ lynx.cfg, but I do _not_ see the script
_defining_ LYNX_CFG_FILE.  This point must be clarified, configure script
fixed and INSTALLATION rewritten, before the release, assuming, of course,
that the overwriting of userdefs.h is implemented.

__Henry