lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV packet driver

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV packet driver
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 1998 19:41:13 +0000 (GMT)

> " BootWare NetWork Boot ROM
             ^^^^^^^^^^^^
> 3COM 3C5X9 EtherLink III v2.00 (970410)
> ROM d000h I/O 300h IRQ=10
>
> i try to use vary packet drivers, always setting io port 0x300 and IRQ 0x60,

You don't mean IRQ 0x60; you mean IRQ 10 on the hardware side and interrrupt
(INT instruction) 0x60 on the software side; if you really have tried to
set the IRQ to 0x60, I'm suprised it even loaded!

> but once run a packet driver, the not local drive, such as Z:, C:, M:, was
> not reconized. So when i do DIR, after a while a get an error message:
> "network drive Z: no longer exist". Can you help me?

It looks like you have a diskless system.  You need expert advice from your
local support people.  Failing that, you should try the newsgroup
comp.protocols.tcp-ip.ibmpc; however you are going to need a lot more
information about your network and the existing network drivers before you
get useful information from there.  If you have to go in cold, you should
include a copy of config.sys and autoexec.bat and be prepared to supply
people with MEM or MSD output, although they tend to be too big for posting.

If you really are diskless, your only hope may be that it is possible to
put a packet driver shim on top of your existing network driver (assuming
that the simple option of a second network card is unreasonable).

> (p.s. i forget to tell you that the 486 have DOS 6.22 installed!)

I doubt that you have a disk onto which to install it.

PS Lynx 2.6, from your headers, is quite old.