lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Year 2000 Compliance

From: Personal
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Year 2000 Compliance
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 1998 14:09:14 -0700 (MST)

Henry writes:

>Another place I'd rcommend putting the statement when it is ready is:
>   Linkname: SLCC Lynx Pages

OK, I'll see about putting one there if Tom doesn't. By the way, I can
understand why some people might want to use the IP address instead of
the DNS name, but it would be best if references to this site could be
made using the DNS name (www.slcc.edu) instead of the IP address
(144.35.10.96) in case it ever has to move at all. For instance, our
department could move to a new campus being built, in which case the
IP address would change. Also, it is possible that we may purchase a
new web server and use the old one as an Intranet server in wich case,
again, the IP address would change.

Scott

Scott McGee: Salt Lake Community College Webmaster | When in danger,
Email: address@hidden (Scott McGee)         | run in circles,
Web:   http://www.slcc.edu/infotech/webmaster.html | scream and shout.
My opinions do not necessarily reflect those of the College. Trust me!