lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx for Windows 3.11

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx for Windows 3.11
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 18:26:32 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 24 Feb 1998, Carlos Reyes wrote:

> do you have any clue, if there is a lynx for windows3.11 available. Setting
> up Doslynx w/ ppp is a bit difficult, so I thouhgt, using my winsock ppp
> with something like Winlynx would be a smart idea.

There is a lynx port to DOS (386 or better processor) and a port to
Win32 (Windows95 or NT).  Because of technical considerations, it is
unlikely that there will be one for Win 3.x. We may be able to help you
with your setup. Are you trying to use a precompiled binary, or are you
compiling your own lynx binary?  If precompiled, are you using Wayne's
package from www.fdisk.com, Bill Schiavo's blynx386, or the package that
I put together? The different packages give some advice on setting up.
I believe blynx has the most detailed explanations.

The "doslynx" program is obsolete, and shouldn't be used.  If the
program that you are trying to use is really called "doslynx", get one
of the packages mentioned above.

If you still have trouble after reading the documentation in the
package, feel free to email me at the address below.
                                 Doug
__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden (preferred)