lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV newbie question

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV newbie question
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 16:47:04 -0500 (EST)

to follow up on what Nick Noakes said:

> I'm sure tus us an easy question but here goes. I've installed
> lynx and simply wanted to associate one of the lynx icons
> supplied with lynx.exe, how do I do this?

This depends on what your flavor of OS does about this.

In Windows 3.1 there is the notion of a "program item" which is
an entity with which you associate an icon and an invocation
command.  I don't know what they are calling it in Win95 or the
parallel place to look on MacOS.

But grep .. oops, search the Help for the OS for a paragraph
about "installing DOS programs" [assuming you are on Windows] and
it should tell you.

Al Gilman

PS: Is there still a Fung Shing restaurant in Causeway Bay?
Great crab/corn chowder when I was there.
<mailto:address@hidden> if you want to answer that.