lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV ac #115

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: LYNX-DEV ac #115
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 05:45:00 -0500 (EST)

This is mostly character-set cleanup by LP - we could do this indefinitely,
but I doubt that anyone has patience for that process.

If there's no more significant changes, I will have one more patch
(changing the default for the configure option to disable internal links,
since it is generally observed that that feature may not be a good one --
after 2.8 will be the time to go about removing it).

Since I made changes to the configure script during this patch, I'll have
to retest it, and it would be nice if other people did also.  (I've built
this on Linux and Solaris, the latter with curses/ncurses/slang and the
normal/color-style variations).

1998-02-19
+ add configure test CF_FIONBIO, some ifdef's (e.g., S_IFLNK) to support
  build on OS/2 EMX. - TD
+ add configure option --disable-extended-dtd, for testing - TD
* split-out entities.h from HTMLDTD.c - TD
* remove obsolete mapping in "private" e000 area of mnem_suni.tbl,
  mnem2_suni.tbl, rfc_suni.tbl - LP
* remove unused function HTMLGetLatinOneValue() - LP
* remove logic that would attempt lookup of Unicode entities by index into the
  extra_entities.put_entity method (e.g., of HTML_dtd), in HTML.c
  (HTML_put_entity) and HTMLGen.c (HTMLGen_put_entity) - LP
* tweaks to HTPlain.c, LYCharUtils.c and SGML.c, remove some special-case logic
  for Unicodes 173, 8211, 8212, 8482, as well as "iso-8859-2", "koi8-r", since
  they are done in the chartrans tables - LP
* add an alias 'H' for F1 when using RAWDOSKEYHACK - DK
* restore -DRAWDOSKEYHACK to src/makefile.dos, reported by DK - TD
* correct a typo in CF_CURSES_LIBS configure macro, which caused the configure
  script to not add termcap library to the list - TD
* correct --disable-internal-links, by adding DONT_TRACK_INTERNAL_LINKS to
  config.hin - TD

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden