lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV 500Kb html - Lynx capacity exceeded ?

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV 500Kb html - Lynx capacity exceeded ?
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 23:49:24 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 11 Feb 1998, Bill Schiavo wrote:

> On Wed, 11 Feb 1998, Doug Kaufman wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 11 Feb 1998, Leonid Pauzner wrote:
> >
> > > with Lynx386 compiled under DJGPP (currently ac113).
> > > discovering that about a half of the file not processed by Lynx
> > > and appears in somekind of raw form:
> > I will check the binary that I have when I get home (ac-0.111).  Was

I have checked this file with several versions of lynx binary for DOS
that I still had available including ac-0.111, and going back to Wayne's
compilation of ac-0.20.  When accessing the file DJGPPFAQ.HTM, from the
DJGPP distribution (on my hard drive), the first portion of the file is
rendered properly, but the remainder of the file, after link number 641,
is shown without rendering.  All the versions tested stopped rendering
between link 641 and 642, but not at the exact same byte.  This is with
version 2.02 of the faq.

I also checked a more recent version of the file (version 2.10) with
lynx 2.7.2 on a SUNOS 4.1.3_U1 machine.  The unix version stops
rendering at exactly the same place as the DOS version (in the 2.10
version this is after link #651).  Since this occurs in multiple
versions of the development code lynx for DOS and in the current release
version on unix, this must be a problem somewhere in the lynx code
itself, not in the DOS port.

I hope that someone more familiar with the rendering logic can point out
the flaw.  For anyone not running DJGPP, the file in question is
available within a zipped package at:

"http://www.simtel.net/pub/simtelnet/gnu/djgpp/v2/faq210b.zip";
                               Doug
__