lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx386 not connecting

From: Marc D. Williams
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx386 not connecting
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 02:29:54 PST8PDT

> Since nothing else seems to be the problem, maybe it is the ndos shell.
> I don't know if anyone else has tried lynx with ndos. Can you try
> substituting "shell=c:\command.com /E:1024 /p" for the ndos line and
> see if lynx works. I presume you still have a MSDOS or PCDOS command
> interpreter around somewhere. With the above minimal configuration what
> does your environment look like (i.e. is there a COMSPEC=something)?
> By the way, what is "boot.sys"?
>
> If ndos turns out to be the problem, we'll have to see if some MSDOS
> specific code got into the DOS port somehow.
>                               Doug
> __

No, 4DOS isn't the problem either. I tried the above earlier tonight
with no change. SET shows a COMSPEC= and I also added the SHELL= in
autoexec.bat for good measure.
So no connects with command.com or 4DOS.

Boot.sys is one of the better multi-configuration programs out there.
Doesn't require copying and renaming of autoexec/config files.
Technically, it's like a big fancy batch file.
It handles my different bootup options (standard, DESQview, games,
clean, etc.).
In case the DV entry has you wondering, no I'm not running QEMM
except for that bootup. Some programs have problems with QEMM plus
it's a rather old version.

Marc