lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV: require actual YES for "Q" cmd.

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV: require actual YES for "Q" cmd.
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 13:30:58 -0800 (PST)

> From address@hidden Wed Jan 28 22:09:47 1998
> From: address@hidden (Philip Webb)
> Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV: require actual YES for "Q" cmd.
>
> 980128 David Combs wrote:
> > The Q cmd should require a full "y e s" spelled out.
> -- snip --
> > Instead of typing H to go back, you hit qdp --
> > oops, you are OUT, lynx is gone.
>
> using 2-7 without checking my  lynx.cfg , i tested what happens.
> having gone to some page, i enter  q  (lower-case),
> Lynx replies (roughly) "do you really want to quit? type y to exit",
> i enter  d  (lower-case), Lynx says "Excellent!!!" (puzzled look),
> then returns the usual information line,
> i enter  p  (lower-case), Lynx presents the print menu,
> i enter  Q  (upper-case) -- like normal to quit -- & Lynx quits at once.
>
> so what's the problem?
>
> --

I did q, waited, then did "d", and it exited.

I did not "build" this lynx -- address@hidden
did.

The version is:

                     You have reached the Information Page

Lynx Version 2.7.1ac-0.105

I say again, if there were a set of macros placed around
the declarations of the global variables in lynx, then
a command could be written (easily?) to dump to an ascii
file (or the screen, ready for p-rinting), with them all.