lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Klaus (was Problems with Patchomatic)

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Klaus (was Problems with Patchomatic)
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 02:56:24 -0500 (EST)

980126 Ty Sarna wrote:
> 980125 Philip Webb wrote:
> > a sick parent is a guess, but fits the known facts very well;
> Is it just me, or is it very rude to be speculating on someone else's
> private life (essentially spreading rumors based on no more than a guess)
> in their abscense?

no, it's not at all rude:
Klaus disappeared suddenly & unexpectedly in the middle of development work
& there has been at various times a mixture of speculation & criticism
as a result (he disappeared for a while in summer 1997).
if he has a sick parent, he would surely get everyone's sympathy & support:
it is a guess & obviously no-one should repeat it as more than that.
let's all assume the best about him: something like it happened to me once.

> > Klaus himself has never cared to explain his absences,
> Perhaps because he'd prefer his private life stay that way?

no-one asked him last year where he had been when he came back
& i for one have no intention of asking him when he returns this time.