lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Bug in <pre> block rendering in 2.7.2?

From: David R. Conrad
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Bug in <pre> block rendering in 2.7.2?
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 15:01:04 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 21 Jan 1998, Foteos Macrides wrote:

> "David R. Conrad" <address@hidden> wrote:
> >I wrote to this list about a week ago and so far I haven't heard any
> >response.  I'd really like to hear something, whether that be, "Yes,
> >it's a bug," or, "You're doing it wrong," or whatever.
>
>       It's a bug that I fixed within an hour of reading your
> excellent bug report.  ...
>
> Be sure to read the BUGFIXES entry about that problem, since your
> message implied the expectation that a newline immediately following
> the PRE start tag is significant (but isn't :).

Thank you.  I've now downloaded 272fixes.zip and will be applying
them and recompiling shortly.  Regarding whether the first newline
in a PRE block was significant, I really wasn't sure -- but I was
*certain* that whichever behavior was correct, it had to be
consistent.  :-)

Thanks again,
--
David R. Conrad, address@hidden      PGP key on home page