lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Bug in <pre> block rendering in 2.7.2?

From: David R. Conrad
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Bug in <pre> block rendering in 2.7.2?
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 09:13:24 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 14 Jan 1998, David R. Conrad wrote:

I wrote to this list about a week ago and so far I haven't heard any
response.  I'd really like to hear something, whether that be, "Yes,
it's a bug," or, "You're doing it wrong," or whatever.

The problem is that a pre block to add a newline works differently
following the first item in a list as opposed to at any other spot
in the list.  Take a look at the following examples to see what I
mean:

> Listing 1:

> <ul>
> <li> Apple
> <li> Banana<pre>
> </pre>
> <li> Cherry
> </ul>
>
> Listing 2:

> <ul>
> <li> Apple<pre>
> </pre>
> <li> Banana
> <li> Cherry
> </ul>
>
> Listing 3:
>
> <ul>
> <li> Apple<pre>
> </pre>
> <li> Banana
> <li> Cherry
> </ul>
>
> Listing 4:

> <ul>
> <li> Apple<pre>
> </pre>
> <li> Banana
> <li> Cherry
> </ul>

This happens in Lynx 2.7.2 on SunOS 4.1.3_U1 as well as Lynx 2.7
under Linux.

--
David R. Conrad, address@hidden      PGP key on home page
 http://detroit.freenet.org/staff/conrad/      GDFN {Hard,Soft}ware Cmte