lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Public Lynx Browsers

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Public Lynx Browsers
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 12:21:53 +0900 (JST)

> Can anyone tell me if there are still any public Lynx hosts available? I

telnet://ibr1.irm.nara.kindai.ac.jp (login:"lynx"; set terminal emulation)

_BUT_
        1) VERY slow and overly congested internet connection
        2) messages/status line translated to Japanese
        3) `g'oto is only to http URLs

> would like some way in the meantime to give a few customers a telnet
> address they can use to see what our Web page looks like using Lynx. We

If this is your purpose, perhaps "Lynxit" would be better for you and
your customers, unless you just have to have telnet.  There's one at:
"http://144.35.10.96/webguide/lynxit.html";.

> Stout's "The Internet Complete Reference." I found that most are no
> longer available. I was able to access the University of Kansas host,

Subir Grewal's "Lynx links" (http://165.113.13.11/~subir/lynx.html) is
probably a better reference as far as Lynx goes.

__Henry