lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV Public Lynx Browsers

From: Keith Russell
Subject: LYNX-DEV Public Lynx Browsers
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 19:17:24 GMT

Can anyone tell me if there are still any public Lynx hosts available? I
am having trouble getting Lynx installed and working on our server, and
would like some way in the meantime to give a few customers a telnet
address they can use to see what our Web page looks like using Lynx. We
are encountering resistance from some who don't have PCs installed and
don't want to use a text browser.

I tried accessing the browsers listed in the 1994 edition of Hahn &
Stout's "The Internet Complete Reference." I found that most are no
longer available. I was able to access the University of Kansas host,
but it does not allow me to enter a new URL.

Thanks.

Keith Russell
address@hidden