lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Side scrolling, tables, and adaptive tech

From: Michael Ritzert
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Side scrolling, tables, and adaptive tech
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 1998 17:29:32 +0100

David Combs writes:
 > > rows and columns in a table.  That would get you a table
 > > compressor that would pull up the view that you need.  This, of
 > > course, is not a text interface.  It is a mini-spreadsheet.
 > >

 > 1: as I type this in, my headphones are playing a radio station
 >     with some guy from sunsoft on, (educational station) and he
 >     is talking about spreadsheet "components" available in java,
 >     for plug-ins.
 >
 >     The java part is neither here nor there, but the idea that this
 >     is a "spreadsheet", really, leads to the idea that there must
 >     be some FREE spreadsheets out there, whose code can be copied.
 >
 >      Maybe the above mentioned thing at Berkeley is free, and
 >      can fit under the gnu-copyleft?

I still don't see what side scrolling and something like the
"collapsed tables" discussed in this context have to do with a
spreadsheet. But anyway: if You're looking for free spreadsheet
software running on terminals You might consider GNU oleo (which i
dislike) and the old sc spreadsheet, which is a small curses driven
application. Both should be in any of the common linux places, e.g.,
sunsite.

Maybe this'll help You getting new ideas.

Michael