lynx-dev

Re: Side scrolling [was Re: LYNX-DEV Re: Setting up a fund ...]

From: Matt Ackeret
Subject: Re: Side scrolling [was Re: LYNX-DEV Re: Setting up a fund ...]
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 1998 11:27:26 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 12 Jan 1998, Nelson Henry Eric wrote:
>If it's major use were to be for tables (of course were're talking here
>of after the release), I think I personally would like the _jump_ to the
>right, as long as there were a check to not break a column of the table.
>Speed would be much more desirable than character-by-character "scrolling".

Yeah, yikes, I didn't realize anyone was considering character by character
scrolling.

Since this is for tables, I guess I'd expect it to scroll over enough to
show all new tables _except_ the last one shown..  i.e. you scroll to the
right, and now the column that was on the rightmost of the screen is on the
leftmost of the screen..  (Special consideration has to be made if it's
possible for a column to be _wider_ than the whole screen..)