lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV 2-8 preparations (was Java etc)

From: Philip Webb
Subject: LYNX-DEV 2-8 preparations (was Java etc)
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 1998 18:11:22 -0500 (EST)

970110 Nelson Henry Eric wrote:
> Putting out a new version without Fote's blessing would be like leaving
> a new-born baby on a bench in a train station in the middle of January.

be that as it may, we have been hearing AD NAVSEAM since i joined the club
 18 mths ago  that Fote "is not a developer & will not be a developer";
his sudden unilateral publication of 2-7-2 was motivated (fairly enough)
by a desire to rectify the Cert security warning by year's end;
otherwise, we should surely respect his wishes & treat him as EMERITVS.
nonetheless welcome when he does care to drop by, of course.

Klaus' return is predictable, but not its date:
on best guess of a sick parent, it could be  6 weeks  (me at one time)
or  6 months  (a friend whose mother was terminally ill in the UK).

shouldn't the aim be 2-8 Beta,
which everyone can download & test for  1 month  (say)?