lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV A bug for "lynx -dump"?

From: Yaping Chen
Subject: LYNX-DEV A bug for "lynx -dump"?
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 1998 18:13:46 -0800

Hi,

        I use "lynx -dump" as a html2ascii filter. I have found that
this filter sends out an 8-bit latin 1 charater to display the
copyright symbol for our HTML man pages. This works fine for any
latin 1 locale, but not for anyone else.

        For instance, with LANG=C, this copyright charater will be
displayed as M-), instead of "the R in a circle" if LANG=en_US.

        Without using "-dump", lynx browser will be able to display
this charater ( "&#169" in our HTML man page documents) as "the R
in a circle". I guess there is bug in the code which handles "-dump"
option. I looked at the code but it is hard for me to locate this
problem. Could anyone help me with this?

Yaping