lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV That pesky backslash in makefile.in

From: Mark Mentovai
Subject: LYNX-DEV That pesky backslash in makefile.in
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 1998 11:05:38 -0500 (EST)

Hmm...didn't I report this in ac-0.100?  Well, it's back in ac-0.105.  The
makefile.in file's all and lynx target is missing a backslash again.  It
looks like this now:

all lynx:
        cd WWW/Library/unix && $(MAKE) CC="$(CC)" \
                LY_CFLAGS="$(CFLAGS)"
                CPPFLAGS="$(CPPFLAGS)" \
                LYFLAGS="$(SITE_LYDEFS)"

But that's no good, because it causes CPPFLAGS and SITE_LYDEFS to -NOT-
get passed on to build libwww after the file is turned into the real
makefile.  Which becomes a problem for me and about six other people in
the whole world.  (And yes, because SSL's define gets put into
SITE_LYDEFS, it causes SSL to also -NOT- get built, even if you've patched
up the four files.)  But it's a quick fix:

all lynx:
        cd WWW/Library/unix && $(MAKE) CC="$(CC)" \
                LY_CFLAGS="$(CFLAGS)" \
                CPPFLAGS="$(CPPFLAGS)" \
                LYFLAGS="$(SITE_LYDEFS)"

This is starting to get chronic, maybe I can get a mention in the CHANGES
file?  :)

-Mox

--
Mark Mentovai