lynx-dev

RE: LYNX-DEV [Re: your query about DNS]

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: RE: LYNX-DEV [Re: your query about DNS]
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 1997 11:16:06 +0900 (JST)

> I have changed the resolv.conf file to list our domain name and the ip

I don't think you want your domain name in that file.

> address of the computer which hosts our domain name files. Lynx still
> gives a message that it cannot find the host. What else can I try?

Almost impossible for me to answer since I'm not only an amateur,
I also have almost no knowledge of your system.  Two thoughts:

1)  In resolv.conf, you should _need only one line_ if you are
    not running a name server on that machine; namely (without
    the quotes, and with the numbers replaced with the correct
    IP address of the machine running your name server):
                "nameserver 123.234.56.111".

2)  Is Lynx running on a Sun machine?  Perhaps you need to define
    "RESOLVLIB" when building Lynx.  If you use autoconf, define
    it as an environment variable in the same shell as you run make.

__Henry