lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV More patches for ac-0.98

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: LYNX-DEV More patches for ac-0.98
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 1997 13:06:31 -0800 (PST)

I reviewed the latest INSTALLATION file on Henry's machine, and would make
the following patch, in regard to the tcplib patch needed for the DOS
compilation.  I also noted that README.configure and README.win-386 are
still in the distribution, although they duplicate information in the
INSTALLATION file.

I have revised a README.DOS file, originally  written by Wayne, aimed at
the user of a precompiled DOS binary.  Does anyone think that such a
file belongs in the general distribution?  If so, I can post it for review
by the list.

*** INSTALLATION        Sun Dec 14 12:54:35 1997
--- INSTALLATION.new    Sun Dec 14 12:54:35 1997
***************
*** 455,473 ****
      zlib.h and zconf.h in the include subdirectory.

      In addition to the files in the Lynx distribution, you will need a
!     curses package and a TCP package.  You can use PDCurses (available at
!     "http://www.lightlink.com/hessling/";) and the DJGPP port of WATTCP
!     (available in two different versions at "ftp://neonatal.sm.ic.ac.uk/";
!     and in "http://www.fdisk.com/doslynx/wlynx/source/djgpp.zip";).
!     You can also use slang ("ftp://space.mit.edu/pub/davis/slang";) as your
!     curses library.  It has not been fully ported to DOS yet, however.
!     See "http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/month1097/msg00390.html";.  You
!     need to compile these before you go any further. If you wish to use the
!     beta version of PDCurses 2.3, you need to first apply a patch (available
at
!     "http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/month0997/msg00441.html";).  If you
have
      trouble applying the patch, we recommend that you use the "patch" program,
!     ("http://www.simtel.net/pub/simtelnet/gnu/djgpp/v2gnu/pat25b.zip";).  To
!     read the Unix man style documentation, use, for example, "less"
      ("http://www.simtel.net/pub/simtelnet/gnu/djgpp/v2gnu/lss332b.zip";).
      Compile or place your compiled PDCurses library in lynx2-*/curses, and
      compile or place your compiled WATTCP library in lynx2-*/djgpp/tcplib.
--- 455,476 ----
[...]

!     ("http://www.simtel.net/pub/simtelnet/gnu/djgpp/v2gnu/pat25b.zip";). The
!     WATTCP TCPLIB sources also need to be patched prior to compilation. See
!     "http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/month1197/msg00403.html";.
!
!     To read the Unix man style documentation, use, for example, "less"
      ("http://www.simtel.net/pub/simtelnet/gnu/djgpp/v2gnu/lss332b.zip";).
      Compile or place your compiled PDCurses library in lynx2-*/curses, and
      compile or place your compiled WATTCP library in lynx2-*/djgpp/tcplib.
__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden (preferred)
          address@hidden