lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV fatal error compiling ac-0.98 on Solaris2.6, gcc2.7.2.3

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV fatal error compiling ac-0.98 on Solaris2.6, gcc2.7.2.3
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 1997 09:45:15 +0900 (JST)

> > >on solaris 2.6, yes - there's no real "termcap" library (that -ltermcap

Actually I just noticed that the problem is that the "--with-screen=slang"
configure option does not seem to be working.  The output to screen says
"checking for screen type... curses" despite the fact that I have the above
option set.  It's not checking for the slang library or include files as
it has in the past.  This is true with ac-0.98, and probably before, but
like a dummy I erased ac-0.97 and can't go back.  I just never picked up
on it before because I had working curses (good thing unpatched ncurses4.1
is broken :).

__Henry

Anyway, I have a question, shouldn't I be linking with "-lslang" and not
have either of "-lcurses" or "-ltermcap"?