lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Printfunction in Lynx

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Printfunction in Lynx
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 1997 17:34:07 -0500 (EST)

971204 Dag Olofsson =  address@hidden  wrote:
> I am a technical administrator for Lynx v2.3
> in the organisation Jamtlands lans Landsting in Sweden.
> Lynx is installed in a SUN Unix machine, on a LAN.
> Users have asked me if Lynx, in the latest version, has Print-functions.
> Screen-printing is the only way today.
> I am grateful if you can give me information about new functions.

Lynx 2-3 dates from around the time Norway separated from Sweden (smile).
the latest version is 2-7-1, which you can get from  lynx.browser.org/ .
HOWEVER, 2-8 is expected to be released before Christmas:
you can find the latest pre-release development version
at  sol.slcc.edu/lynx/release2-8.html .

as an individual user on a Unix system (Irix 5.3) who compiles his own,
i can easily download files to my subdirectories using  p .
however, if you want something more direct for anonymous users,
you will have to get more technical advice from other lynx-devers.
you no doubt know Lynx is maintained by an international volunteer co-op.