lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Line and corner characters in lynx boxes

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Line and corner characters in lynx boxes
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 05:20:15 -0500 (EST)

> > On linux I get asterisks, on NT I get the "line" and "corner"
> > characters, and on a Wyse 60 connected to my linux box I get a box made
> > of various characters according to the terminal emulation.
> >
> This depends on the screen handling library used.  For ncurses, it uses the
> ncurses box function, but forces the sides and tops to '*', rather than the
> default, but leaves the corners as corners.
the release version does that, but the autoconf'd version looks to see if
altchars is supported & uses that instead, since afaik the versions of
curses that do that, do it reasonably well. (BSD curses, for example, doesn't
support altchars).

so he's describing 2.7.1 or before, or the current version with BSD curses,
not the development version with ncurses.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden