lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Forked image DL?

From: Lars Marowsky-Bree
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Forked image DL?
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 1997 20:34:16 +0100

On 1997-11-16T12:57:00,
   Al Gilman <address@hidden> said:

> You might want to look in the code to see if one could use Wget
> as an external downloader as opposed to forking another Lynx.

I keep running into a problem with the external downloader (which I make
extensive use of):

For example, I want to download some files via wget right now. OTOH I
maintain a queue of files to download in the night while the line is free.

I bet there are other examples where it would be good to have multiple
externals to choose from.

Thus, I propose to add one of the following features:

- Add a keybinding to the external.
- If there is more than one matching downloader, present a menu to choose
  from.

And it would be good to make the URL part of the external specification a
regular expression.

I would really appreciate this feature.

Comments?

--
Lars Marowsky-Bree  :homepage email: \ geek, BOFH, psychopath, magician, /
 http://teuto.net/~lmb/ address@hidden \ killer, looney, genius, pervert /