lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV Lynx Changes file HTML'iser version 1.1

From: Riley Williams
Subject: LYNX-DEV Lynx Changes file HTML'iser version 1.1
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 10:13:55 +0000 (GMT)

Hi there.

The enclosed message was originally sent elsewhere by mistake, as a
follow-up to one sending the original version, which worked fine with
the Linux 2.7.1 changes file, but not with the one in the current
development sources. The version enclosed with this message is simply
the amended version of that program, plus the additional files stated in
the message, all tar'd together and the result gzip'd...

Best wishes from Riley.

Hi there.

I've now downloaded the CHANGES file from the current development source,
and found that my program as supplied had a few bugs in it that hadn't
been noticed with the original CHANGES file since they didn't catch the
bugs. The enclosed archive contains a fixed version thereof.

For reference, the bugs related to the use of the "<" and ">" characters
within the text, which the original source wasn't converting as required
by HTML.

In addition, some of the "*" characters that mark the beginning of a new
point were omitted in the CHANGES file from the development sources. The
enclosed CHANGES.NEW file is simply that file with the relevant "*"'s
inserted.

Also included are HTML versions of both CHANGES files, as produced by the
enclosed version of the converter program.

Best wishes from Riley.