lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV what is the difference between "--with-cfg-file" and "--lib

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV what is the difference between "--with-cfg-file" and "--libdir"
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 09:38:14 +0900 (JST)

> libdir is only used for the path of lynx.cfg - will take out the
> cfg-file option on my next patch.

Okay.  I'll test (double check) this Saturday if not before.

> on other programs (right now, Lynx is 4th or 5th on my list, due to the
> number of other problems/issues with ncurses, vile, xterm & tin).

Hope "bind" is still on your list 8-)

> > For simplicity of INSTALLATION, I would prefer that "--with-cfg-file"
> > be avoided if it is not absolutely necessary.  As I see it now, all that
> > need be done is document the use of "libdir=" as the answer to the
> > "original request".
> that's fine with me.  If you want to update the documentation, go ahead.

Actually the placement of "lynx.cfg" was the last on the list of things
I wanted stable before I put an annotated example of how to set environment
variables and configure options into INSTALLATION.  Also, Bill, by his
silence, has swayed me to find a way to fit his batch file in for the DOS
build.  I thought Doug's "synopsis" could be a useful addition, too.  So
there will be another update to INSTALLATION coming out in a week or two.
Starting from today "http://163.51.110.11/lynxdev/INSTALLATION.gz"; will
be in slow flux again.

__Henry
;