lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV can't compile ac-0.90: "Undefined symbol _memmove"

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV can't compile ac-0.90: "Undefined symbol _memmove"
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 1997 05:18:39 -0500 (EST)

> > Compiling on SunOS4.1.3 with gcc-2.7.2, linking failed with the message:
> >
> >     collect2: ld returned 2 exit status
> >     ld: Undefined symbol
> >        _memmove
>
> Just finished compiling _successfully_ on Solaris2.5, gcc-2.7.2.2.  No such
> undefined symbol as on the Sun machine.
I see memmove used explicitly in GridText.c and a couple of places under WWW.
There's a workaround for SunOS
        #define memmove(d,s,n) bcopy(s,d,n)
but it has to be tested in general (I do that in xterm).

(If the reference in GridText.c isn't temporary, I'll add that to my list ;-)

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden