lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV Re Lynx

From: dsk11
Subject: LYNX-DEV Re Lynx
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 1997 13:17:34 -0500

Dear Wayne:

I have installed win32 Lynx on my system and I can
get it to work after a fashion.

What I have been having trouble with is using the
search command
, when I type in a url I get not found.     this
is  any variation of the url, the full or partial,
ie http://www.geocities.com or just geocities.com.

What am I doing wrong?    When I double click on
any links in the page displayed
by Lynx, such as the exite link, the browser goes
to the designated url

Am I typing in the urls wrong?

Any help would be appreciated.    Lynx is fast,
kind of reminds me of the original
netcom browser which was pretty fast but would not
load inline images

Dan Kardas
Connecticut, USA

;