lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV scrollok and lynx_force_repaint

From: John E. Davis
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV scrollok and lynx_force_repaint
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 1997 14:36:30 -0500

On Wed, 5 Nov 1997 12:13:32 -0600 (CST), Klaus Weide <address@hidden> said:
>Are you sure that a call to lynx_force_repaint() causes this?  Which one?

   I know for sure that the culprit is LY_SLrefresh and not LY_SLclear
because I changed LY_SLrefresh to

PUBLIC void LY_SLrefresh NOARGS
{
#if 0
    if (FullRefresh) {
        SLsmg_touch_lines(0, LYlines);
    }
#endif
    FullRefresh = FALSE;
    SLsmg_refresh();

    return;
}

as a quick hack to get around the problem.

>                                           However, with Unix curses,
>  the delwin() - refresh() sequence does not restore what was there
>  before the popup was invoked, and none of the tweaks I tried got that
>  to work, [...]
>
>so the full redraw would still be necessary for curses.  Maybe not for
>ncurses?

It is not necessary for SLANG.

--John
;