lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Possible 2.7.1 bug

From: Hynek Med
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Possible 2.7.1 bug
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 1997 21:56:54 +0100 (MET)

On Mon, 3 Nov 1997, Hynek Med wrote:

> Funny, I use 0.87 on Linux and it _does_ crash..

An update. It doesn't crash with 81 on Ultrix, nor with 48 on SunOS.
Vanilla 2.7.1 doesn't crash on FreeBSD, but after quitting it writes:

lynx in free(): warning: page is already free.
lynx in free(): warning: page is already free.

It looks that lynx tries to free() space that was already free()d. It
reminds me of the mysterious coredumps on quit that were on Linux only
some time ago..

Hynek

--
Hynek Med, address@hidden