lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV more about DJGPP port, INSTALLATION

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: LYNX-DEV more about DJGPP port, INSTALLATION
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 1997 20:09:16 +0300 (MSK)

Resently we discussed about 8+3 problem for those who
compiling DJGPP DOS port under Win32.
I was curious, which is the correct URL for "DOS" unzip?

Checking out http://www.cdrom.com/pub/infozip/MSDOS/unz531x3.exe
with unzip.exe and unzip32.exe I was surprized:
it is happend unzip32.exe compiled with VFAT-SUPPORT (unzip32.exe -v).

More, readme.dos says:

>  - djgpp 2.0's long-filename support is somewhat flaky; users should upgrade
>    to version 2.01 instead.
[...]
> For these reasons Info-ZIP's distributed 32-bit MS-DOS executables will
> probably be compiled with djgpp 2.01, mainly because of its nice long-filename
> support when running in a Win32 DOS box.  The cwsdpmi DPMI server will be

So, we got a loop!
(latest DOS unzip support long-filename under Win32 DOS box, against our aim)

Now Win32 people have a chose: (1) upgrade their djgpp to 2.01
and do unpack with winzip or any other utility they prefer,
or (2) unpack the source with *old* DOS unzip or pkunzip
to adjust to 8+3.

Anybody can check whether (1) works or not?

Leonid.

p.s. Henry, sorry for replying to another address.

;
;