lynx-dev

Re: more on INSTALLATION [was Re: LYNX-DEV Thanks! DOS Compile works

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: more on INSTALLATION [was Re: LYNX-DEV Thanks! DOS Compile works now]
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 17:50:55 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 27 Oct 1997, I wrote:

> On Mon, 27 Oct 1997, Leonid Pauzner wrote:
>
> >  Unpack the source code using a DOS "unzip" program like UNZIP386, DOS
> >  port of GNU "gzip" or "gunzip", or the command line zip available from
> >  "http://www.itribe.net/virtunix/";.  If you must use PKUNZIP to unpack the
> used on DOS for the tar.gz archive. I am unfamiliar with the virtunix

I checked the virtunix web site. They have a version of unzip patched to
use long filenames. Thus it sounds like it would NOT work for unzipping
the lynx zip archive. The INSTALLATION file may rather need to warn to
avoid using the vertunix version of unzip.

                                Doug
__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden (preferred)