lynx-dev

Re: more on INSTALLATION [was Re: LYNX-DEV Thanks! DOS Compile works no

From: Wayne Buttles
Subject: Re: more on INSTALLATION [was Re: LYNX-DEV Thanks! DOS Compile works now]
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 08:03:37 -0500 (EST)

I wasn't sure how to chop up the paragraph below, so I won't try.

As far as I am concerned, README.win-386 can go.  We have the conpile
instructions going into INSTALLATION so that is covered.

The description of my four defines is loose, but there really isn't any
point in clearing them up until the real defines are changed into more
meaningful and platform independent ones.  They still need to be recorded
somewhere.  We used to keep ifdef info in the Makefile.  Where are we
keeping it now that the makefile is going away?

On Mon, 27 Oct 1997, Nelson Henry Eric wrote:

> One of the reasons I started a new INSTALLATION was to incorporate ALL
> of README.configure and README.win-386 so that the two READMEs could be
> eliminated.  In doing so I felt obligated to retain the first paragraph
> of Wayne's README.  It is not directly related to installing Lynx, but
> is an important record of the process of the development of Lynx.  It must
> be retained, but I'd rather see it in another place.  My question is, is
> the creation of the four defines, _WINDOWS, DJGPP, DOSPATH and NOSIGHUP,
> documented well enough in the CHANGES* files?  If not, I really believe it
> should be.  If it is, I'd like to knock out that first paragraph of the
> section "IV. Compile instructions -- Win32 (Windows95/NT)."  Comments please.
>
> __Henry
> ;
> ; To UNSUBSCRIBE:  Send a mail message to address@hidden
> ;                  with "unsubscribe lynx-dev" (without the
> ;                  quotation marks) on a line by itself.
> ;

;
;