lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV problems compiling lynx

From: Sue L. Dowd
Subject: LYNX-DEV problems compiling lynx
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 1997 10:23:13 -0400 (EDT)

When I tried to run the libmake for VMS, I got the following error messages.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get around this?  I have looked at
the FAQ, PROBLEMS. and the installation files, but did not see anything.

I got this version from lynx.browser.org and it seemed to upzip just fine.

Multinet verions
CISCO MultiNet V4.0 Rev B, Web Server V1.0, AlphaServer 2100 4/200, OpenVMS AXP
V6.2

DRA0:[SRC.LYNX271.LYNX2-7-1.-] >@libmake
Acceptable TCP/IP agents are
 [1] MultiNet (default)
 [2] UCX
 [3] WIN_TCP
 [4] CMU_TCP
 [5] SOCKETSHR_TCP
 [6] TCPWARE
 [7] DECNET
Agent [1,2,3,4,5,6,7] (RETURN = [1]) 1
$! DECC:
$!
$ cc/decc/prefix=ansi /nomember -
    /warning=(disable=implicitfunc)-
    /DEFINE=(DEBUG,ACCESS_AUTH,MULTINET,_DECC_V4_SOURCE,__SOCKET_TYPEDEFS,VC="""
2.14""")-
    /INCLUDE=([-.Implementation]) -
    [-.Implementation]HTString.c

    unsigned short htons(unsigned short __val);
...................^
%CC-E-NOTCOMPAT, In this declaration, the type of multinet_htons is not compatib
le with the types of previous declarations of multinet_htons.
at line number 222 in file MULTINET_COMMON_ROOT:[MULTINET.INCLUDE.SYS]SOCKET.H;6

    unsigned short ntohs(unsigned short __val);
...................^
%CC-E-NOTCOMPAT, In this declaration, the type of multinet_ntohs is not compatib
le with the types of previous declarations of multinet_ntohs.
at line number 223 in file MULTINET_COMMON_ROOT:[MULTINET.INCLUDE.SYS]SOCKET.H;6
$ CLEANUP:
$    v1 = f$verify(v)

I would appriciate any help I can get.

Thanks,
Sue
               .
_  .-^^-._      o     Sue Dowd                          Voice 803-953-6556
)~\.)      @\   ,     address@hidden                    Fax   803-953-2461
(       \_   <        Academic Computing
 )/'-.    _./         College of Charleston
      )_/             Charleston, South Carolina 29424

;
;