lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV boxes on Lynx

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV boxes on Lynx
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 1997 10:20:08 -0400 (EDT)

> I am running a Wyse 60 terminal, in VT100 emulation mode, and can run
> both NT and Linux versions of Lynx from it, except that listboxes come
> up with ascii characters as the border, instead of a proper "line"
> outline.
> Is there a way to fix this??? I hope thats not too dumb of a question.
> I have searched the mailing list lynx-dev archives but could not find
> anything on this.
How is your terminal specified?  (are you setting $TERM to vt100 - that's
the first place I'd look).  VT100 descriptions usually contain box characters
(in terminfo, that's described by smacs, enacs, rmacs and, of course acsc).

It's possible that the wyse60 doesn't do box characters, or is not set
up to do it.  I see in ncurses that it supposedly does in wyse60 mode,
though the mapping isn't vt100-style there. (I'd check that in any case by
running vttest, which contains a couple of screens that do use box characters,
e.g., menu entries 2 & 3).  There's a copy of vttest at
        http://www.clark.net/pub/dickey/vttest/vttest.html

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden