lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV Download/Print Options - what's the secret?

From: James Elkinton
Subject: LYNX-DEV Download/Print Options - what's the secret?
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 17:46:58 -0700 (PDT)

I've explored trying to get various options working, mainly with the
DOWNLOAD saving stuff, but also with Printing, with absolutely no results.
Tried uncommenting the relevant commented bits, no go.  Searched through
the source, but couldn't find anything useful.  I must be overlooking
something quite obvious.   (is usually the case. :) )

I would like to have all the options I could ever want available: download
with every *modem protocol available, heck, even Kermit (never know...),
mail the file (of course, only text files, and I should have done [p]rint,
not [d]ownload, but hey, options are nice), and whatever the heck else I
like...but where do I do this?  lynx.cfg?  .lynxrc?  Both?  Neither?

The last lynx I used with all the stuff available was ages ago, and the
person, who was well known at the site, seems to have dropped off the face
of the net...  Even odder, all of the goodies worked with or without a
personal .lynxrc and/or lynx.cfg around, which added another confuzzle to
my thinking.

And the magic key is...?

<side-topic>
 I may have missed some of the DTD thread... is there a key yet to tell
 Lynx 'Hey...this is HTML whether you know it or not, so do it!' when
 coming across an HTML document errantly named with a .txt or .doc
 extension?  If not, here's another vote for one.  using FORCE HTML is
 something I'd rather not do, since some stuff I'd rather not have
 forced.
</side-topic>

;
;