lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV lynx using WYSE 50 terminals

From: Bela Lubkin
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV lynx using WYSE 50 terminals
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 1997 20:33:10 +0000

John E. Davis wrote:

> On Wed, 15 Oct 1997 00:54:29 +0000, Bela Lubkin <address@hidden> said:
> >  Implementing the workaround is specific to your curses implementation.
>
> Does slang have this problem?  It is my understanding that it does
> not.  If so, then I think that it should be mentioned that one
> possible workaround is to compile lynx with slang.  If slang does not
> handle the wyse-50 properly, then I want to know about it so that it
> can be fixed in the next slang release.

Does slang do anything special for magic cookie terminals?

Does it rely on underlying curses?  termlib?  termcap or terminfo
definitions?  If it relies at some level on termcap or terminfo
definitions, I'm sure it would be equally sabotaged by a bad description
of a terminal.  Descriptions that rely on magic cookie attributes are
almost by definition bad.

I have neither slang nor a Wyse 50 with me to test...

--
Sandy & Bela Lubkin are traveling around the world for a year!  Today:
Moscow.  Tomorrow: St. Petersburg.  A week later: Helsinki.  Stories and