lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx for VMS with MMS

From: John Nowlin
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx for VMS with MMS
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 1997 17:15:00 -0400

Klaus Weide wrote:

> On Tue, 7 Oct 1997, John Nowlin wrote:
>
> > the following files
> > which appear to be duplicates:
> >

> > I am going with the newer versions, and removing the old from libmake.  If
> > this
> > is incorrect please correct me.
>
> The two .h files shouldn' create a problem, the ones in Implementation
> should be identical for all practical purposes with the ones in src.
>
> The duplicate .c files in Implementation are "historical" and shouldn't be
> compiled.

Thats what I would have thought, but they were in LIBMAKE.COM?  And a DIFF on
the
.C's is pretty large.

> > When this is finished I will put the MMS file
> > and DCL that creates the MMS on my web page since not everyone will be
> > interested in VMS MMS and DCL.  Also, I only have DECC, Multinet and VMS
> > work with, the DCL will need tweaking to work with other compilers and IP
> > kernals.
>
> What version are you talking about?  Aren't you duplication changes that
> are already in the development code and fotemods code?  Aren't the right
> .mms files already there?

Well sorta.  I notices Foteos stating that the MMS files were out of date.  And
when
I tried to use them they didn't work (none of the .H files were in there).  I
am new
at LYNX so I built the MMS file from the BUILD.com and LIBMAKE.COMPlus I had a
need
to keep my mixed environment seperated (vax/alpha).

I put my efforts at http://www.ccla.lib.fl.us/~john/lynx   The Alpha version
appeasr
to work fine, the VAX version is returning a LINK warning which I haven't
chased all
the way down, since C is a new langauge to me.  It appears to come from:
%LINK-W-NUDFSYMS, 1 undefined symbol:
%LINK-I-UDFSYM,         __UTC_STAT
%LINK-W-USEUNDEF, undefined symbol __UTC_STAT referenced
        in psect $CODE offset %X0000095F
        in module HTVMSUTILS file
.WWW.LIBRARY.IMPLEMENTATION]WWW-MULTinet-vax.olb

and the include file is...

 3423      I1   #include <stat.h>
 3764      I2   **  local time and one __utc_stat() which returns time in terms
of UTC.
 3772   X  I2   #         define stat(__p1,__p2)   __utc_stat(__p1,__p2)
 3789      I2   **  decc$__utc_stat instead of stat.

;
;