lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 2.7.1ac-0.74 and LYUnEscapeEntities problem under digi

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 2.7.1ac-0.74 and LYUnEscapeEntities problem under digital UNIX
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 1997 15:47:54 -0400 (EDT)

> > well, then unless there's some problem, I'd leave it at that, since I'd
> > add options only to get it to build/work properly.
>
> Ok, as you wish, I just find following bit annoying when it comes in
> great quantities:
So do I - but I'm not sitting in front of your machine to ferret out the
places that cause the problems.  (A copy of the compile log might show
things that we can fix -- the problem you're talking about here may not
necessarily be one).

> cc: Warning: /usr/include/stdarg.h, line 42: The redefinition of the
> macro "va_start" conflicts with a current definition because the
> number of parameters is different.  The redefinition is now in effect.
> #define va_start(list, parmN) __builtin_va_start(list, parmN, 1)
> -----------------------^
It depends on how it was redefined.  On the AIX box at work, I found
that it was due to a defect in the system headers (a side-effect of
including <stdio.h> before <curses.h>!).

> Also when testing without my very much optimizing default CFLAGS env
> variable I also got another warning "File not optimized; use -g3 if
> both optimization and debug wanted." for each file due configure's
> default behiviour. I wonder if something could be done for that...
yes - just like Ultrix, it would have to be a special case that we
add to the configure script.  If you can send the config.status and
config.cache, that'll be enough additional info to make a patch.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden