lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV Win32 Compilation problems

From: Johan Bosman
Subject: LYNX-DEV Win32 Compilation problems
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 18:35:48 -0500

To whom it may concern,

Today I have downloaded the source for Lynx (Win32) and have attempted to
compile it using Borland C++ (v4.51). I had to do a lot of little changes -
name changes, mainly, but in the end I got an executable. Unfortunately
during linking, a missing function showed up. It's a function called
tigetnum and is called from lycurses.c. It is part of the system V R4
curses, but the function is not supported by the pdcurses library. I don't
know how to get around this problem and I was wondering if you would be
able to give me some input on this matter. Everything else is in place,
except for this missing function. Obviously there is a way around it, since
I have the Win32 executable from your site and it runs fine under NT 4.0.

I am looking forward to your answer.

Kind regards,

Mr. Johan Bosman.

;